SUPPORTING PEOPLE WITH DEMENTIA (Funded by Community Fund)
The project started in January 2018 to finish in December 2020.
CWTC helping to improve the awareness and understanding of Dementia, reduce stigma and build confidence and capacity of the Rochdale’s Borough BAME residents (in particular of South Asian origin) living with Dementia, carers and families
Whilst at the same time empowering the local community to better support and aid people with Dementia living actively within their communities.
Our user-led programming includes:
- Weekly Wellbeing Cafe sessions support people with dementia and mental health
- Dementia Friends Awareness sessions in the local voluntary organisations and Mosques to raise awareness and support available on dementia.
- Dementia awareness sessions delivered at the Wellbeing Cafe sessions,
- Dementia friendly retailer awareness sessions delivered to the local businesses,
- Understanding Dementia Level 2 Course; Supporting Carers Level 2 Course
- Creating Dementia Friendly Community Champions who can take on a leadership role and influence others in the community to take action
- Confidence Building, Assertiveness and Family Resilience sessions
- Development of support materials in English and Urdu specifically designed for people of South Asian heritage.
- Visits to House of Memories (Liverpool), Oasis Dementia Centre, Science and Industry Museum Muslim Heritage Centre, Touchstones Rochdale, The willows Dementia Hub visits.
- Project Advisory Group monthly meetings
- Annual Celebratory Event
- Mehfil-e-Naat Arts for Dementia Therapy Event.
We engage, consult and work collaboratively with communities and health and social care services to:
- provide referrals
- sharing resources
- sharing information
- participating in our activities
- reviewing their services based upon participant feedback and
- building bridges between the community and the mainstream services.
We have developed and harnessed stronger links and meaningful partnerships and relationships not only with grass-root/community organisations / groups but also health and wellbeing providers such as Memory Clinic Rochdale, HMR CCG Dementia Steering Group, Dementia United, House of Memories (Liverpool), Museum of Science, Alzheimer Society, Community Centres, Health and Social Care Services, Rochdale District and Mind, , Touchstones and Dementia Willows Hub.
If you or your group would like to take part in our Free activities, please contact us be email: firstname.lastname@example.org